After comparing 10 of the top slalom water skis side-by-side, I found that the Airhead S-1400 Wide Body Combo Skis, 65″ is the best. Over my countless hours of water skiing, I’ve learned what aspects make a slalom water ski good quality; what to look for. In this article, I’m going to look at some of the best water skis on the market, comparing their features, PROs, CONs, and other metrics. Although there are many slalom waterski products, the best one for you will depend on what you’re looking for and your skill level; keep reading to discover which one you should choose.
How Do I Choose a Slalom Ski?
When choosing a slalom ski, water skiers should take into account the type of skiing you will be using. For instance:
- If you are a beginner, a wider, more stable ski may be best for you.
- If your an experienced skier, a slimmer, more responsive ski is better for you.
…additionally, consider the ski’s length, width, and sidecut. For example, longer skis are better for higher speeds, wider skis is better for more stability, and skis with a tighter sidecut are better for quicker turns. Finally, consider the ski’s construction—a softer ski is better for beginners and a stiffer ski is better for advanced skiers
Water Ski Size Guide
The right water ski size for you will depend on your weight, experience level, and the type of skiing you plan to do. Consequently, heaver skiers should look for longer skis, while lighter skiers should look for shorter skis. Additionally, beginners should look for skis that are wider and more stable, while more experienced skiers should look for skis that are narrower and more responsive. Furthermore, for the best slalom skiing experience, the general rule of thumb is that the ski should be about 6–8 inches (15–20 cm) longer than the skier’s height. Lastly, for trick skiing, the ski should be about 4–6 inches (10–15 cm) shorter than the skier’s height.
Slalom Water Skis Reviews
This section contains ten slalom water skis reviews. We break down which ones are worth the cash, so when you buy slalom waterskis, they’re the best for you.
1. HO Syndicate Omega Slalom Waterski
The HO Syndicate Omega Slalom Waterski was chosen as the best slalom waterski because of its innovative design that improves its performance drastically. HO Sports originally developed the ski exclusively for professionals or experienced skiers; however, they have since widened the body, boosting stability and control. Despite this increase, it can maintain a fast speed because of the syndicate materials used. The core is made from recycled foam thermoplastic, making the ski more flexible and responsive. Turning at high speeds is more controllable because the tournament-grade shape creates a smaller imprint on the water’s surface. The choice of length will depend on your height and weight; the options are 65″, 66″, 67″, and 68″. No matter the size, you can expect 32 to 36Mph.
- Multiple length options
- Carbon fiber materials
- For intermediate and advanced skiers exclusively
2. O’Brien Pro Tour Slalom Waterski, 68″
- Sport Flex Deisgn
- Carve Fin
- Z-9 Binding
- Dual tunnel design
- 45 degree bevel
The O’Brien Pro Tour Slalom Waterski is a beginner-friendly option for people new to the sport. It is designed for stability and controller; however, it can maintain a relatively fast speed. As their objective was to provide a smooth experience, Connelly included a Dual Tunnel Design made for cutting through waves.
There are three lengths available; 58″, 64″, and 68″. These sizes indicate Connelly’s intent to offer these to as wide an audience as possible, as many other skis don’t come in such a small size. Most importantly, the bindings are noticeably comfortable — uncomfortable bindings get in the way of having fun and decrease your performance.
- Multiple length options
- Smooth riding
- Relatively fast speed
- Dual Tunnel Design
- For beginner exclusively
- Green only
3. HO Carbon Omni Slalom Water Ski
- Continuous Rockerline – Instinctive Turns With No Paralleling
- Syndicate Adjustable Fin – A Simple, Minimal And Functional Design Utilizing A Single 5-32 Hex Key For Micro-Adjustment And Fin Blade Clamping
- Hybrid Width – A Waist Width Halfway Between A Traditional Ski And A Wideride Ski Provides For Smooth Instinctive Turns At A Wide Range Of Speeds
- Deep Concave – Added Stability In Turn Balanced By Low Drag Clean Edge Tail
- Clean Edge 3.0 Tail – The Clean Edge Bevel-Less Tail Produces Less Drag And More Acceleration With Less Skier Input.
The HO Carbon Omni Slalom Waterski is 69 inches long waterski is a flawless one where accuracy meets efficiency. It offers many marvelous features making it worth buying for the water skiers.
This water ski can go up to 33.5 mph, and suitable for the advanced water skiers. The amazing features it holds are syndicate construction, flex-frame, hybrid width, clean edge 3.0 tail, continuous rockerline, and carbon fiber speed skin base. All such features are responsible for making the water ski lighter, responsive towards rough waves, making it more stable, lesser drag. Moreover, it is capable of handling a sharp twist and turns without paralleling.
- A flex frame to offer stability
- Hybrid width for a smooth ride on rough water waves
- Deep concave design reduces the drag
- Not significant
4. CWB CONNELY BIG DADDY SLALOM WATER SKI
The Connelly is a “Big Daddy” waterski because it can accommodate heavy guys. It is super stylish and attractive. The stable and wide board of waterski let the rider stand up effortlessly after falling.
The C.A.P.T (Connelly advanced profile technology) provides the consistent speed and lightweight skis for improved performance. This outstanding design sets the ski deep in the water and gives extra stability when on the edge of waves.
- Closed cell polyurethane resin core
- Can accommodate heavy skiers over 220 lbs
- C.A.P.T(Connelly advanced profile technology) provides the consistent speed
- Meant only for heavy adult skiers
5. CWB CONNELLY OUTLAW SLALOM WATER SKI
- Closed cell polyurethane resin core
- C.A.P.T. (Connelly Advanced Profile Technology)
- Standard Tunnel
- Suggested Speed 26-32 mph
The CWB Connelly Outlaw Slalom Waterski is 65-inches and can bare up to a 180 lbs weight of the rider. This waterski is equipped with C.A.P.T. (Connelly advanced profile technology) as well. The advanced technology of the waterski provides an efficient performance with the capability to take swift and sharp turns.
Recreational glass flex sequence offers the vibration dampening and durable skis to rely on fearlessly. The acrylamide base lets the rider to ski stably on the rough water waves. Whereas, the closed cell polyurethane resin core offers a heat resisting property for the longevity of the product.
- Recreational glass flex for the vibration dampening
- Acrylamide base for the stability on rough water waves
- Closed cell polyurethane resin core for heat resistance
- Binding and rear toe piece included
- Not meant for big feet
6. CWB CONNELLY SHORTLINE SLALOM
- Reinforced composite construction
- High gloss UV coat
- C.T.S. (Connelly Tracking System)
- Suggested Speed 24-28 mph
If you are looking for a long-lasting water ski, then the CWB Connelly SHORTLINE Slalom is surely the one. The maximum work has been done on its base and overall design so the riders are able to use it for a long period of time. This has been made possible due to the closed cell polyurethane resin core.
Considered as a great option for beginner due to a strong core, we recommend that you get this one right away. Accelerate between 20 to 30 miles per hour easily. You can relax in a comfortable fit since the bindings that come with this water ski are able to fit most user sizes.
- Suitable for beginners and intermediate slalom water skiers
- High-end features
- Wide base provides great stability
- Stable ride
- Too basic for expert riders
7. O’BRIEN IMPULSE SLALOM WATERSKI 66″
- Z9 XS/SM Bindings Size 4-7
- Wide forbody for easier deep-water starts
- Easy to Turn
- Z9 EVA bindings for comfort
The O’Brien Impulse Slalom Waterski 66″ is one of the latest ones in its league and it is known for providing better edge to edge transitions to the users. Made for women, the design is an amazing one which adds to the responsiveness of the water ski.
Other than that, you can easily make sharp turns due to the heavy rocker that is a part of this water ski. However, it is only made for professionals since it reaches the bullet speeds in no time. X9 bindings are a part of the package which means that you will have a better support and grip while riding your ski.
Read more about this in our O’Brien 2017 Impulse Slalom Water Ski Review.
- Makes edge to edge transitions simple
- Very fast
- Simple to handle, even with rigorous skiing
- Handles stunts and tricks effortlessly
- Difficult for beginners and intermediates
8. CWB CONNELLY ASPECT SLALOM 2017 WATERSKI
- Made by hand in the USA
- C.A.P.T. (Connelly advanced profile Technology) decreases weight of the ski, while increasing strength and response
- Fiberglass Wrap with a high gloss pmu top keeps the ski looking new for years to come
- Closed cell polyurethane resin core discourages waterlogging if damaged
- Wide fore body and increased surface area under-foot for added stability at lower speeds
The CWB Connelly Aspect Slalom 2017 is one of the best CWB water skis, offering a unique, appealing design. Moreover, it is a wide one which means that it has been designed for beginners so that they have maximum stability while riding. The best thing is that it comes with the Connelly Advanced Profile Technology.
It is one good long-lasting investment since it has been made up of high-quality components. The overall size of this water ski is 69 inches which is fine. The base of the board is smooth which allows the users to maneuver easily.
- Portable, compact design
- Easy to use
- Cheap comparing to most
- Great stability with a wider base
- No significant cons
9. HO FUSION FREERIDE SLALOM SKI
Ho Sports offers waterskis to the women as good they offer to the men. The HO Fusion Freeride Slalom Ski has clean edge that enhance the efficiency of the waterskiing by maintaining the speed. Whereas, the traditional edge stability offers the balance to the waterski.
NACA airfoil inspired 3-dimensional Hex fins offers the controlled skiing, and a smooth ride on rough waves. Moreover, these fins enhance the ski features by improving the glide speed and turning properties.
The low drag design of this waterski specifically enhances the ski speeds on varying water conditions. Flexible body construction of this waterski offers a smooth, trouble-free turn with a firm edge grip.
- Binding and rear toe plate included
- Available in different sizes
- Hex Fins for controlled skiing and smooth ride
- Only available in one color and design
10. O’BRIEN CELEBRITY COMBO WATER SKIS
- X-7 adjustable binding designed to fit US Men 4.5-13
- Padded rear toe plate
- Great all-around ski for the whole family
- Performance side cut for better turning
- Dual tunnel enhances control and stability
The O’Brien Celebrity Combo Water Skis is another great ski by the company known for its superfine quality and high performance. It has a solid exterior design with a perfect aesthetic of excellence and brilliant engineering and creativity. The length of this ski is 68 inches, making it perfect for intermediate and advanced level riders.
It gives a smooth and regular flex so that the skier can have better control of skiing and can get smoother landings. It has been built to survive the rough usage which is why it is often known as the tough one. The quick lace system and integrated liner add to the convenience of the water ski by making the mounting process a lot easier.
- Strong and durable
- Light in weight
- Performance-based ski
- Accommodates a wide array of users
- Higher range in price
- Not suitable for inexperienced skiers
If you want the perfect slalom water ski, you need to consult this list and find out the right one for yourself. You can buy one of these as a perfect gift for someone as well. All you need to do is to head over to amazon.com and get it delivered at your doorstep. Make sure that you share this page with someone who is interested in getting a good pair of water skis for an amazing water sports experience.
Best Slalom Water Skis
0 thoughts on “The 10 Best Slalom Water Skis”