After comparing some of the best kid’s water skis, I found that the CWB Connelly Prodigy Junior Water Skis comes out on top. Although I’m far from being a kid, I’ve spent a decade practicing water skiing. Over this time, my children were able to test many of the best kid’s water skis. In this review, I’m going to compare four skis, taking a look at their size, design, safety, and more. With so many brands claiming to have the best water skis for children, keep reading to determine which one you should buy.
1. CWB Connelly Super Sport Water Skis
- Removable stabilizer bar
- Reinforced composite construction
- C.T.S. (Connelly Tracking System)
- High gloss UV coat
This is one of the best water skis which has been designed by CWB in a way that the user feels maximum stability while he is riding it. The CWB Connelly Super Sport Water Skis is designed mainly for kids who weigh equal to or less than 120 pounds, this is going to be the perfect one for starters. Surprisingly, the weight of this water ski is 4 pounds only.
The 2017 Connelly Prodigy Junior Blank Water ski features an acrylic base which is one of the strongest bases ever created by CWB. Other than that, it has a full concave tunnel for maximum stability as well. There are multiple color schemes available so that the children can choose the one which they love the most.
- Strong base
- User friendly
- Lightweight making it easy to carry
- Provides max stability for beginners
- Do not exceed max recommended weight
2. RAVE Sports Steady Eddy Trainer Combo Water Skis
- MAKE LEARNING FUN: Take the fear out of learning to water…
- STABLE: Designed with a wide body and a center bottom ridge…
- PERFECT SIZE: At 46” (117 cm) long, the Steady Eddy…
- TRAINING ROPE: Includes a water ski training rope system,…
- ADJUSTABLE BINDINGS: These skis feature soft and comfortable…
Kids will love the RAVE Sports Steady Eddy Trainer Combo Water Skis because this one is a speedy ski that also assists in maximum training of the users. The Rave is a lightweight ski which means that even the kids can carry it anywhere without any problems. It can last for several years since it has been crafted in an exceptionally outstanding way.
Your child will master the art of water skiing if he gets the proper beginning which is only possible with these Rave kids water ski trainers. There is a center stabilizer as well which allows the rider to have maximum stability while the ride. The unique handle system features a two-handle rope to assist in holding the rope while driven by the boat.
- Durable, will last for years
- Simple to learn on
- Great visuals for kids
- Full control and great grip
- Does not support higher weight range
3. O’Brien Jr Vortex Kids Combo Water Skis
- Length 54 inch/137cm
- Jr. X-7 adjustable bindings (one ski has rear toe piece)
- Foot size: kids 2-Mens 7
- Durable Plastic Fins
- Includes stabilizer bar
The O’Brien Jr Vortex Kids Combo Water Skis is one of the best O’Brien water skis that allows kids to perform in an excellent way. It delivers optimum high speed with the best performance. A wider and more course space are also provided in the tournament level competitions. With a perfectly matched rocker, you will be able to ride in a much better manner.
There is a specialized bottom design as well which maintains the predictability of the ski. The size of this pair of skis is 66inX Small-Small. Another great thing about this pair of skis is the fact that it has 45 Degree Bevels minimizes spray.
- Great choice for all-around skiing
- Narrow tunnel helps improve tracking
- Minimal spray thanks to the 45-degree bezels
- Comfortable fixed front, open back bindings
- Heavy rocker profile aids in sharp turns
- Rope or stabilizer bar not included
4. O’Brien Kids All-Star Trainer Combo Waterskis
- Stabilizer bar for easy learning
- Includes trainer rope
- For skiers up to 85 lbs.
- Adjustable bindings fit various sizes
The shape of a water ski must be highly defined and precise in measurements since it allows the water to be distributed in the perfect manner. The O’Brien Kids All-Star Trainer Combo Water Skis body is extra wide and allows a parabolic shape which means that this ski can be used by both men and kids.
Coming with sports bindings, the O-Brien All Star Jr. Trainer water skis are going to provide you with a great experience. The Vortex Kids Water Ski features adjustable x-7 bindings. On exact measurements, the size of this pair of water skis is 54 inches. Keep in mind that the maximum weight limit of this pair of skis is 140 pounds.
Similar Skis: O’Brien All Star Jr. Trainer Water Skis Review
- Suitable for kids and adult riders
- Does not compromise on children’s safety
- Rear toe piece with one ski
- Plastic fins provide better control
- Wider fore body with a unique parabolic shape
- Too wide for riders under 9
- Does not include a trainer rope
As mentioned earlier, kids love water skiing and for the right experience they must get a water ski which is outstanding in its quality. The list of the Best Kids Water Skis is going to be the right guide for you for buying your child his perfect Christmas gift. Make sure you order it on time since Christmas time is almost there and you might see finished stocks if you delay.
10 thoughts on “The Best Kids Water Skis”
Looking for trainer water ski’s for my grand kids ages 5 to 11, your reviews were very helpful in trying to decide what is available. Thank You.
Looking for a training set for my grandchildren that weight 100; 90; and 60 that have the stabilization bar. What is your pick?